Fr., 27.11.2020, 4 pm – 8 pm
Sa., 28.11.2020, 9 am – 5 pm
Job interviewing is a difficult, yet often necessary, hurtle to jump over on your way to landing your dream job. Understanding the interview process, avoiding mistakes, identifying what attributes the employers are looking for in a successful candidate, and being able to articulate your fit for a position will allow you to stand out from the crowd and increase your chances of getting your desired job.
This workshop is designed to improve your interviewing skills to ensure that potential employers understand all that you have to offer. Through a series of exercises, activities, mock interviews, and peer reviews, you will be coached in the practical tools necessary to successfully communicate your unique package of strengths, skills and experiences dynamically, professionally, and persuasively in order to land your dream job.
During this workshop, you will learn how to:
– prepare for various types of interviews, including standard, behavioral, situational, and panel interviews
– anticipate and effectively answer a wide range of interview questions
– add impact to your interviews by learning how to talk about your successes, to highlight your strengths and to minimize your weaknesses by turning negatives into positives
– convey to employers what they really want to know: how you are valuable to them!
– produce a great first impression by projecting a positive, confident image
– interact effectively through body language – use your posture, gestures, and facial expressions to communicate competency
– analyze and target behaviors that could make or break your employment chances
– recognize and avoid the biggest interview mistakes
– dress for success
– prepare questions to ask the interviewer so you can gain insight, put yourself in a good light, and take some control in the interview
– effectively negotiate a better salary
Instructor: Dr. Teresa Burns
The seminar will be offered online, the link will be sent to the participants by mail prior to the workshop.
Registration required under: https://www.apps.tf.fau.de/seminaranmeldung/?sem=419
Gisela Jakschik, firstname.lastname@example.org